- All vetting MUST be approved prior to making an appointment or going in.
- Our funds go 100% to our dogs as we are ALL volunteers however we need to use the funds wisely in order to be able to continue successfully rescuing as many dogs as we do. Please let me know if you are unsure of the approved vet near you.
- Covered vetting includes the following: DHLPP, Rabies, Bortadella, microchip, fecal test with deworming if necessary, spay/neuter, HW test for dogs over one year of age.
- The rescue pays for all heartworm positive dogs to be treated with heartguard.
- We also treat dogs with various forms of mange (demadex or sarcoptic) and will treat for other illness if needed.
- It will be the foster’s responsibility to provide routine heartworm preventive as well as flea treatment for their foster. To defray these costs you can claim them on your taxes as pre-new laws thanks to the federal government here is some information as please refer to www.irs.gov and http://voices.yahoo.com/how-claim-pet-care-as-tax-deduction-11038884.html